PHP Application Server Specification
For what it is intended
To simplify process of web-sites creation (including a program part) that there was no necessity to involve web-developers.
That should contain
To create the universal environment for running applications on any platforms and under any web-servers (coded on PHP).
To provide to developers an opportunity fast and simply alteration of system (addition of new modules / applications, expansion of functionality).
The intellectual web-interface for management of all pplication server.
That should be able
Necessary set of modules for users (a forum, the catalogue of links, a news line etc.)
The unified architecture understandable for the developers.
To operate all of it (1 and 2) with simply web-interface.
- To combine among themselves modules, applications and to make integration of modules in applications.
- Change design of web-application dynamically
To provide localization independent from code and design of a web-site.
Module - small, but frequently repeated code which may not be used independently. It is used for creation of applications. The module may not be built in the module, but may work together with other modules in the application.
Application - the completed part of the code having a certain set of functionality. Applications may cooperate with each other and be built in each other. Management of applications is made with simple web-interface.
Site - a set of the applications incorporated by common design and functionality. Only one application may be active at viewing of a web-site. Management is made through simple web-interface.
Business - model
- With simply web-interface the user defines what web-site is necessary for him.
- The server takes descriptors of applications and combines them proceeding from definition of the user (creates databases and all that is necessary for running a site).
- From this all and reaction of the user who is looking through a site, something is done similar to a site.
- There is a binding of design (XSLT).
- Output a site.
- The server receives return reaction from the user who serfing through a site.
- Processes it (the entered data, pressing at the link etc.)
- Return to point #3.
- XML-XSLT Engine
- Support for XQL, XForms and XHTML
- Dynamic & static page overlapping
- Multi-design and multi-language support
- Clusters support
- Processing with a time lag and undo support
- Single applications and combined applications support
- Cooperation of Core API with Engine
- Diverse server interaction